Monday 20 July 2015

Beyond The Sea - my review

This is a truly beautiful read.  I've not read anything by this author before so I wasn't sure what I was expecting. I certainly wasn't expecting such a heartfelt story.

Freya's husband and son are lost at sea. Freya returns to her lighthouse cottage a year after their disappearance. She's hoping that returning home will help her move on and cope with her grief. 
The author did a wonderful job of portraying the raw pain that Freya was going through with her grief. I felt as if I was going through the pain with Freya. Freya's flashbacks of the past as well as letters brought so much more to this story.

I loved the mythology aspect of the story. I found the telling of the myths very interesting. 

This is a really brilliant well written story. Read in one sitting I totally got lost in Melissas words. Looking forward to reading more from this author. 

No comments:

Post a Comment