Friday 25 September 2015

Taking on Water - my review

I found this to be a very good mystery thriller from a new author to me. 

It's hard to say much about the storyline without spoilers. 
James Morrow is a social worker in a small fishing town. An unlikely friendship starts with James and a local fisherman called Tucker. Both have a troubled past that we find out about through the story. 

James wife, Maya, is a police detective trying to investigate drug trafficking in the town.

I found this book to be slow to start off with and then all of a sudden it changes direction and the pace quickens. 

Although parts of this story just didn't click for me I found it to be an interesting read and give it four stars. 

Looking forward to reading more from this author. 

No comments:

Post a Comment