Monday 22 August 2016

In the Shadow of Satellites- my review

.......And breathe. I finished this last night just before I fell asleep. Once I woke up this morning I am still thinking about this beautiful well written story that I truly enjoyed. 

Sian Bennett and Luke Lancaster are two people who are struggling with their past. They are so broken they struggle each day to just survive that day. Sian hides from everyone and everything at her families lakeside cottage. She has seen her new neighbour Luke at a distance and likes to keep it that way. That is until her friend intervenes. Are they too broken to let anyone break down their walls?

Amanda Dick has a fantastic way of telling a story. Like her previous books she can capture my attention and pull on so many of my emotions without me realising it.
I read this in one sitting as I really couldn't put it down. It's heartfelt but not angst you which is what I wanted.

I have no qualms about reading any more books this author writes. I highly recommend this story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment