Thursday 19 January 2017

MY REVIEW

I read this book in a day and I seriously couldn't put it down until I'd finished it. 


From I was ten years old until I was twenty I was involved in a social club for people with learning disabilities. There was a few kids that went to the club with autism. My sister also took care of a young boy with autism for quite a few years. He became part of our family and  so for those reasons I was certainly interested in reading this book. 


This is a truly amazing read. There were times I laughed and there was times I cried. I had goosebumps reading most of this story. 


Alex and Jody are parents to Sam who is an eight year old boy with autism. Although Jody is coping Alex is struggling to build a relationship with his son. Jody asks Alex to move out. As time progresses Alex finds common ground with Sam- Minecraft. He finds his son starts to progress slowly and it allows him time to spend time with Sam. Their journey is certainly an eye opener. 


The author pulled on his own experiences and his real feelings to write a truly beautiful heart warming story.  This book and these characters are going to stay with me for quite a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment