Tuesday 17 January 2017

My review- Lies

This is a really great well written debut novel. 


I must admit this book didn't grip me straightaway. I found myself wondering would the pace pick up and holy wowzers it certainly did pick up. This book even pushed me into posting updates on goodreads and twitter while I was reading it ( funny considering how much social media was involved in this story)


I liked Joe and really felt for him when he was going through some really tough times. The relationship with his son William was lovely. I wasn't too keen on Mel from the start. Couldn't put my finger on it. Kept shouting at her in my head to help her husband out... to do something!


Lies lies lies. As the title hints this story is based on what could happen when lies build up. 


I was certainly interested in the social media aspect of this story. We don't think twice when we post a status or share a photo but there can be some repercussions. 


In my opinion the book stepped up a pace for me in the second half. I had some omg moments that had my head dizzy. I kept trying to guess how it would end but I failed. The twist was fab.


I'm so glad I didn't give up on this one. Really looking forward to seeing what else this author has in store for us.


My thanks to Bonnier Zaffre and the author for allowing me to read this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment